Friday, July 24, 2009

So, you can't really call us Lance....

After waking up late today, and totally bummed out because I'd missed my opportunity to get my run in (and further damage my knee... hehehehe), I decided I would just get myself dressed and head to the office. It was then that Drew walked in and asked me what I was doing... "You scheduled us out of the office today, remember?" (Not just because today is "Pioneer Day" here, but because we needed a break, or more like HE needed a break...) Some great office manager I am, I can't even get the correct vacation dates scheduled on the calendar... Anyway, I seized the opportunity, grabbed Macy, and we headed off on our bikes for a ride. Got to get that work out in somehow, right? I can't bear to live with the guilt all day if I don't. Macy was a great sport seeing as though I was literally dragging her up a mountain! After many water breaks & snaking our way up the road, we made it to the top. And there was much rejoicing... and no knee pain whatsoever! We then proceeded to ride home where we baked bread with the sister-wives...Macy isn't really bummed in this picture that I dragged her out of the house and made her come with me, she's just eating a granola bar...
Water break #1....
A look at the neighborhood... I love it here!
Water break #2 & another view of the neighborhood...
A garden we passed along the way...

No comments: