Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Where did the weekend go?

I had all these grand ideas of things that I wanted to accomplish this weekend such as cleaning out messy closets, detailing the inside of my car or even just sitting down with a good book (it was mother's day after all)... But this is what I ended up doing instead....


Major Jeremy Ranch Elementary School volunteering! It's Macy's teachers birthday this week, so I ended up making a very large birthday card for the kids to sign, along with a very large birthday banner to hang on her door. When I had those done, I started making 27 chairs for Macy's class to paint as a "Masterpieces in Art" project. You can see Macy's almost finished piece in the photo. She's always very willing to "test drive" the projects first to see if they are fun. What I really wanted to be doing was sitting on a rock under the umbrella with Carter & Macy spending some quality time! That's my plan for next weekend! Lots of quality family time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's okay, we'll do something amazing this weekend. maybe we can go see a movie or something, what's coming out?

veegeereno said...

OK daughter...you go for the book, umberella and those darling daughters...just like mine

Love mom.....

PS. Indiana Jones out tomarrow...a wonderful book to read...fast east wonderful..The Last Lecture by Randy Rousch