Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Day at the Races!

So yesterday was the Park City Marathon, and since I didn't run it, we decided it might be fun to go over and volunteer. Carter, Macy & I were assigned the finish line area where we all took turns calling out bib numbers and times as the 1/2 Marathoners & Marathoners crossed the line, relieved the runners of their timing chips and handed out finishers medals. I made a mental note that from now on, I will remove my own timing chip from my leg - those things were so sweaty and disgusting to remove! And even though I know a majority of the runners appreciated the help, I won't put a nice volunteer through that with me from now on.....

We had a fun time, and I think I've decided to run the marathon next summer... but don't hold me to that yet... :)

The finish line!
We even got to volunteer along side Bonnie! She's running the Mid-Mountain Marathon next weekend!
Carter calling out runner bib numbers...
Macy pulling off the sweaty chips, and dodging any runners who looked like they were going to "blow chunks" after stopping.... hehehehe...


No comments: